About Me

My photo
Recovering alcoholic originally from the UK (sobriety date 17th May 2008). Living in a remote mountain village in Spain with cats & dogs that I rescued. The village has no form of entertainment aside from 17 bars - I got sober here! I have no access to transport and have never been to an AA meeting. It´s been tough but I love sobriety with a passion! I work and live The 12 Steps. I have had a lot of support via AA friends I have met on the internet. I speak with others in recovery on a regular basis. My blog is a record of my journey in recovery taken from my journal and emails. I´m here to help if any woman is struggling with her sobriety: Please email me: Sober-Princess@hotmail.com
Medical Billing
Medical Billing I taught myself to illustrate in sobriety as there are no jobs here and I´m not eligible for any benefits. I needed to find something I could do on the computer. It has been a difficult but rewarding learning curve!! I sell my illustrations via stock agencies and on gifts in 2 shops on Zazzle (Sober Princess sells recovery related products). Funky flash panels with my most popular products are at the very bottom of this page if you want to take a look - because nobody likes a pushy salesperson ;-) Thanks! Click here to see Molly Sky Designs store and Click here to see Sober Princess Designs store I also have a store selling products for shelter animals for the only animal shelter in this area. They are struggling BIG time and need all the support they can get to stay open! ALL proceeds made from this store are going here: Click here to visit the Animal Protection Society Albox and Click here to see my Speak 4 Animals store

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

30 days of sobriety

Ok, my New Year's resolution to blog more regularly is kicking in early! This was something I wrote at 30 days sober (before I slipped twice):

I´m 30 days sober today and what a wonderful feeling that is. It´s hard to believe the difference that not drinking has made to my life. The improvements are incredible. I feel so peaceful almost all of the time. I was constantly anxious and fearful and now I feel calm and wonderfully content.

I don’t waste time worrying and fretting over things of which I have no control, I can deal with life so much better already and have found the Serenity Prayer really helpful when problems come along. I smile and laugh so much more. Today I feel serenity gently glowing inside me. I have a new addiction and it´s called sobriety. I have never felt so good in my entire life. I can hardly believe that I´m actually saying any prayers at all – this is totally alien to me, but I´m desperate enough not to drink again to just try my best to do as I´m advised. If praying is going to keep me sober then that is what I will do – I know for a fact that I can´t stay sober on my own. If standing on my head would keep me sober I would do it – I am willing to go to ANY lengths to stay sober.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Transcend Recovery Community helped me get sober. They are the best sober living in Los Angeles, CA.

    ReplyDelete